A few words about the job position
In the HTML/CSS coder role, you will be closely working with our UX/UI designer and the developer’s team to bring the best possible web&mobile apps to life.
At Webscope, we choose our projects carefully, and it’s our priority that the team members enjoy the work they do.
We work on-demand for various clients, mostly across Europe, whether it is a well-established enterprise or a fresh start-up(e.g. Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Germany, USA).
At the same time, we also focus on our projects and ideas, where we can learn new things and expand our knowledge (see our internally developed tool scrumie.com ).
As HTML/CSS Coder you will
- Work on real projects for our clients
- Use technologies from tech stacks we use to develop various parts of the software
- Learn new skills all the time
- Communicate with the project manager about the work progress
- Communicate & have regular calls with the clients (if needed)
You should have
- Knowledge and experience with semantic HTML and progressive enhancement principles
- Knowledge of accessibility (a11y) and how to make websites accessible (at least basics), and why it’s important
- Knowledge and experience with modern CSS with fallbacks for older browsers.
- Good understanding of advanced CSS concepts (stacking context, selector specificity, margin collapsing etc.)
- A proven record of your work - you’ve already built some websites/web apps (can be a test project as well, it doesn’t have to be a commercial site)
- Knowledge of how to effectively work with different graphical assets, e.g. images, fonts and icons for optimal web page performance.
- Basic principles of performance optimization techniques (for faster page loads, performant animations etc.)
Skills nice to have
- Experience with SVG
- Some design knowledge (colour theory, typography etc.) to be able to communicate with designers and customers about UI effectively and it’s possible improvements
- Knowledge of SEO optimization techniques, structured data
- Different CSS preprocessors and tooling (CSS-in-JS, PostCSS, Sass, Less)
- React or different JS UI framework
- Interest in modern front-end development, new CSS features and improvements in the industry
What we offer
- Start-up environment
- Friendly open-minded company culture
- Possibility to have an impact on product development
- Flexible working hours
- Conferences and workshops to deepen and broaden your knowledge
- Offices in the city centre with access to sauna and squash
- Full time, Part-time, Contract (OSVČ) possible
Apply for HTML/CSS Coder
What does the application flow look like?
First F2F chat with one of our tech leads
Marek will contact you and invite you for a first-round chat with a tech lead after reading and accessing your job application.
Technical home assignment
If there is a fit between you and Webscope, we will give you technical homework. You will have a couple of days to beat it.
Feedback and second F2F chat with one of our tech leads
If you manage to beat the home assignment we will invite you to a second chat. In this round, we will give you feedback to your assignment and check your coding skills real-time.
Let’s talk about your starting day at Webscope
We are almost at the end of the application process. If both sides feel the fit, we will offer you a job position at Webscope.